The Montage Deer Valley
Montage Deer Valley is the latest luxury hotel and private residence development in Park City. It is located on 15.96 acres in the Empire Canyon area, mid-mountain near the top of Deer Valley. The Montage is a self contained, year-round mountain community offering 174 guestrooms and suites and 81 private residences. Recently completed in December 2010, the hotel features extensive public and meeting space, 7 floors designated for hotel guests and six more floors above for residences only. Montage Deer Valley features views to the north, down Daly Canyon toward Lady Morgan and the distant Uinta Mountains and uphill views to the south of Empire Canyon and the Daly Chutes. It is operated by Montage Hotel and Resorts, which also manages Montage Laguna Beach and Montage Beverly Hills in California.
The development is comprised of:
- 174 hotel guest rooms and suites
- 81 private residences (1, 2, 3, 4 bedroom units) ranging in size from 1200 to 6900 square-feet on upper six floors of resort
- 55,000 square feet of interior and exterior meeting and event space including 4300 square foot ballroom and 2450 square-foot junior ballroom
- “Grand Lawn,” “Grand Patio,” and “Mountain Lawn” areas designed for private outdoor events.
- Retail space including ski and bike rental shops, signature boutique and sundries shop
- Five restaurants and four bars
- 24 hour room service
- Four lane bowling alley, billiards and game arcade
- Heated underground parking for more than 500 vehicles
- 35,000 square foot spa with indoor lap pool
- Outdoor pool and whirlpool spas
- Outdoor après-ski terrace and fire pit
- Private owner’s lounge and residential concierge staff on 8th floor
Sales History (as of Dec. 2012):
- 23 total sales since The Montage opened 23 months ago
- Prices ranging from $1,632,000 (1 bedroom, 1 ½ bath, 800 sq. feet) to $8,250,000 (4 bedrooms, 4 ½ bath, 6,800 sq. feet)
- Monthly Assessment including Empire Pass Dues – $1,135 to $3,470 depending on square footage. This is equivalent to $10 per square foot (per unit) per year. Portion of EmpirePass dues will be reduced by $700 to $800 per year for non use of association’s Dial-A-Ride program.
Neighborhood amenities and unique characteristics:
- Direct Access to DeerValley’s Empire and Lady Morgan ski mountains including chutes, glade, mogul and groomed skiing
- Membership available at Talisker Club which includes Tuhaye Golf Course, The Tower Club, The Cabin and The Yurt. (four different options including Full Membership and use of Tuhaye Golf Course or Mountain Membership restricted to on mountain facilities) Private shuttle service.
- Only bowling alley in DeerValley
- Direct access to mountain bike and hiking trails
- Only resort to feature 360 degree ski access from property
- Part of Empire Pass Master Association which mandates 92% of terrain to be preserved as open space