WHAT’S NEW IN KIMBALL JUNCTION?
Nestled on highway I-80 and bordered by the 1,200 acre Swaner Nature Preserve is Kimball Junction, which is part of Synderville Basin. Kimball Junction is home to the Redstone Shopping Center where there are locally owned boutiques and cafes side-by-side with “big-box” stores and food-chains such as, Best Buy, PetCo and Café Zupas. The area is also well-known for the Utah Olympic Park, Tanger Outlet Plaza, and the off-leash trail Run-a-Muk.
Kimball Junction has been experiencing retail and commercial growth because it’s convenience to I-80 and neighboring communities. We are excited to share recent changes and a few of the notable changes that we will see in the near future:
- New transit center: The fare-free bus system in Park City has always been a major luxury in Park City. The city is continuing to expand and improve mass transportation in Park City to reduce traffic and help the environment. In their long term plan, view here, they have many projects that will help those causes. The city has already started construction on the new Kimball Junction Transit Center that will help buses move quickly from Kimball Junction to Main Street. Read more about the plan here.
- Woodward Park City: What better place than Park City is there to open the newest Woodward? Woodward is a training facility for sports and it will offer action sports parks for snowboarding, skiing, skateboarding, BMX, MTB and cheer. The facility will include ramps, concrete park, foam pits, trampolines, spring floor and a digital media lab. Check out Woodward Park City here.
- Whole Foods: You may have heard by now that Whole Foods is moving across the street. Whole Foods is building a bigger store which will be 40,000 sq ft and will feature an expanded prepared foods department and a taproom with local beer and wine on tap. Read the press release here.
- Vessel Kitchen: The newest, HEALTHY fast-food restaurant just opened in Kimball Junction. We love the fact that you can get healthy sides, salads, kombucha on tap and more! Check out their menu here and stop in next time you are in Kimball Junction and need a healthy meal.
- Expansion of the Basin Recreation Fieldhouse: The Basin Recreation Fieldhouse is one of our favorite places to get our sweat on. This 55,500 sq ft facility has started construction and they are adding approximately 29,800 sq ft to the current space. The new expansion will include a new lap pool, fitness rooms, a party/conference room and more. Check out photos and more details here.