DEER VALLEY OPENS IN 17 DAYS!
With only 17 days until opening day at Deer Valley Resort, we thought it would be appropriate to have Kim McClelland, Director of Lodging Operations of Deer Valley, visit the Jess Reid – Christie’s International Real Estate office to update on what is new at Deer Valley this season.
Kim McClelland and Steve Sandlin showed up promptly at 8:30AM on Tuesday to speak to our 30 cheery-eyed REALTORS – there is snow on the ground and that’s a reason for happiness at 8:30am, for anyone who lives in a ski-town. McClelland and Sandlin came armed with 2014-2015 Deer Valley Ski Maps “hot off of the press”. After admiring the newest marketing materials we got into details of what is new this season at Deer Valley Resort.
Here are some of the highlights of our discussion:
• Lodging reservations are up 10% compared to last year
• Ski school reservations are up 18% compared to last year
• Nightly rentals are up 3-4% compared to last year
• Season pass sales have stayed steady and are even with last year – the Epic Pass offer that is new in Park City has not affected season pass sales for Deer Valley Resort
• Deer Valley Resort has spent a half a million on snowmaking and over a million on new snowcats
• The Brass Tag is a new restaurant and bar that has been added to the Lodges at Deer Valley, a condominium project managed by Deer Valley Resort Lodging
• A gondola from Old Town to Silver Lake is in the planning stages and they are working on funding, it is a $25 million estimated investment
• The experience at Deer Valley Resort is unmatchable and includes everything from Cadillac shuttles, bus shuttles, perfectly groomed runs, mouth-watering dining and more!
We asked McClelland to comment on the purchase of Park City Mountain Resort by Vail Resorts. McClelland told us that it is too early to tell if it will affect Deer Valley Resort. He thinks it is positive for Park City and has no doubt that it will bring more people to Park City internationally and domestically to experience all that Park City has to offer. However, Deer Valley will remain unique by offering their guests unparalleled service, short lines, and exceptional dining on and off the resort.
The other exciting news that our agents wanted to be the first-to-know about was the purchase of Solitude by Deer Valley Resort. McClelland said that the deal happened fast and they will monitor how the resort is being run this year. However, they will not begin running the resort until May 1, 2015. He also announced that season pass holders at Deer Valley Resort will be offered 4 days of skiing at Solitude this year and vice-versa for Solitude season pass holders.
The snow guns are blowing and Deer Valley is covered with snow, getting ready for opening day. If you have any questions about Deer Valley properties for sale or vacationing at Deer Valley Resort, contact us today. See you on the slopes!